English | Spanish | Dutch

(Tunnel Jobs) Senior Tunnel Engineer (United Kingdom)

A kind note:

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnellers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.
Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I am giving below the full text of the advertisement
-----------

Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Senior SCL Engineer? (Design and Assurance)

Our client is looking for a Senior Tunnel Engineer who will become the Accountable Person for both the design and for engineering input during construction for all elements of the Sprayed Concrete Lining (SCL) tunnel related works - both permanent and temporary works. This includes but is not limited to excavation and primary lining, regulating layer, sprayed / sheet waterproofing, sprayed / cast in-situ secondary linings, and all the materials used to complete these works.

You will be empowered to fulfil the self-certification of the Works as per the Main Contract as well as be responsible for implementing the Contractor's assurance processes. This role sits within the engineering function of the Contractor's team and shall be independent of the production function of the Contractor's team.

You will be the Accountable Person to make declarations that the SCL tunnel works designs comply with LU requirements and will confirm the competencies of the team members for the provision of the design within the SCL Tunnels scope of works.

Support the Technical Lead for the design of individual works packages as listed above.
Liaise with Designers to manage the acceptance of design related deliverables.
Tracking design deliverables and compliance in accordance with S1538
Manage technical integration issues with other packages.
Produce design briefs for temporary and permanent works.
Produce survey briefings to support the design process.
Review submissions as directed for quality, sufficiency and technical compliance.
Ensure constructability reviews are held prior to design submission
Where possible ensure Value Engineering opportunities are developed through the change control process.
Manage necessary independent checking of design.

This role will be to start once Covid-19 has past however our client is keen to review potential applicants.

---
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.