Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

(Tunnel Jobs) Tunnel Construction Manager (Washington / District of Columbia, USA)

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnellers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.
Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

Job seems to be with The Lane Construction Corporation. It is a company owned by Italy's Salini Imregilo.

I am giving below the full text of the advertisement
-----------

Tunnel Construction Manager
Washington (District of Columbia) - District of Columbia - United States
Job Description
Job Description

The Tunnel Construction Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project.

Responsibilities:

Overall responsibility for safety, quality, and budget for projects $250 Million and up
    In charge of project cost, staffing, and scheduling
    Direct reports include: Field Superintendent, Project Engineer, Office Manager, QC, and Safety.
    Prepare project status reports and work to ensure work adheres to contract specifications
    Lead and direct the work of others
    Communicate district and corporate information to the project team as well as keeping District Manager/Assistant District Manager updated
    Direct and supervise work of project administration, project superintendents, and engineers to establish operation priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships
    Establish/Define/Promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and individual members in accordance with Lane’s mission, vision, and values
    Create and execute project work plans
    Responsible for the overall management of the project (e.g. resources, schedule) to ensure complete solution is delivered on time and within budget
    Manage cost, schedule, and program documentation.
    Represent Lane’s team and manage their relationships to: Owners, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and other outside stakeholders to the project
    Capable of managing projects in excess of $250 Million
    Effectively provide subcontractor management
    Coach and develop staff
    Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
    And other duties as assigned

Qualifications:

Demonstrated success in managing large complicated construction projects in excess of $250 Million with large self-performed components
    B.S. in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred but not mandatory
    MUST have Heavy/Highway experience including significant self-performance
    Must have 10 years of project management experience in tunnel construction
    Strong working knowledge of grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
    Creativity and innovation are a must
    Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
    Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
    Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
    Excellent verbal and written communication skills

---

You can apply online at this link

https://careers.laneconstruct.com/search-jobs?jobid=1982