Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

Metro Vancouver to announce RFQ's for new tunnel projects

Matt J. Scott
    By Matt J. Scott

A friend of mine working for Metro Vancouver tells me that new tunnel projects will be announced. For all legality, this is not an insider information. He says it is already public information and some organizations have been officially notified.

According to my friend, the Request for Quotation (RFQ) for the Annacis tunnel construction will be announced soon. It is for the construction of a water tunnel between New Westminster and Surrey. It has been in the design phase for some time. It will have a budget of CAD 217m. They expect to announce the winner this year for the construction to start already within 2020.

Additional projects are in the pipeline for this year, says my friend. Another one is the expansion of the Annacis wastewater plant. We are interested in the tunnel part. According to my friend, last year they already set CAD 2.3 billion for a new tunnel from Lake Coquitlam to the water treatment plant.

I am sure there are more other tunnel projects in British Columbia.

Tell your colleagues, employers about these projects. The more competition for these tunnels the merrier!

Cheers