English | Spanish | Dutch

Los Angeles - California - USA - Tunnel Job : Plant Manager - Tunneling

Dirk's Tunnel Exchange
    By Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnellers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.

Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I am giving below the link to the vacancy advertisement.

Apply quickly if interested. All the best.

-----------

Plant Manager - Tunneling - Los Angeles - California - United States

Job Description

The Lane Construction Corporation is one of America’s leading construction companies, specializing in large, complex civil infrastructure. For nearly 130 years, it has contributed to the development of the country’s vast network of roads, highways, and bridges, including the Interstate Highway System. Lane also specializes in tunnels, metro and railway systems, as well as airports and water and wastewater treatment plants

Job Description

Ideal candidate should be relocation friendly. Permanent work location assignment could be any of our active Tunnel projects; Washignton DC, Fort Wayne IN, Seattle WA, etc.

The Plant Manager is responsible for purchase, lease, maintenance, safety, and repair of company equipment.
    • Management of rates & costs for contract work equipment account.  Includes setting rates, setting budgeted hours, monitoring costs, etc.
    • Develop contract work equipment account 5-year equipment plan.
    • Support REMs in management of equipment divisions, 5-year equipment plans, and capital projects within their regions.
    • Provide support to regional estimators on large projects requiring resources unavailable within region.
    • Provide options, availability, and pricing for plant equipment for estimators.
    • Setting up, operating and maintaining critical construction equipment, including the tunnel boring machine, excavated materials handling systems, ventilating systems, water treatment systems, and maintenance.
    • Inspect, value, perform due diligence, and provide recommendations for management regarding potential company and equipment acquisitions.
    • Coordinate quotes and procurement process of large assets such as plants, plant equipment, and concrete equipment.
    • Develop consistency between regions in equipment specifications and brand.
    • Monitor rented equipment such that rental payments are best investment Lane can make towards maximizing overall profits.
    • Approve all equipment requests, leases, and disposals.
    • Strengthen and develop relationships with key national suppliers and manufacturers.
    • Develop and manage concrete paving fleet while working with concrete management group.
    • Approval of equipment division requests.
    • Evaluate equipment rates, cost competitiveness, utilization, and overall equipment account balance for equipment in area via use of Equipment Cost Variance report.
    • Approval of JDE O2 orders >$5000.
    • Monitor equipment utilization via JDE Equipment Cost Variance report and budgeted hours report.
    • Promote maximum equipment utilization through recommendation of equipment moves from areas of low utilization to areas of high utilization.
    • Ensure all people, equipment, and processes are working in a safe manner meeting all local, state, and Federal laws.
    • Assist the environmental department in obtaining and compliance with all environmental permits, laws, and company policies.
    • Training, mentoring, and oversight of REMs.
    • Provide processes, material, and training for new and existing employee development.
    • Manage staffing of regions with qualified mechanical supervision.
    • Develop and ensure consistency of mechanical processes and best practices throughout corporation.
    • Keep senior management apprised of costs, schedule, and specific activities affecting them and Lane overall.
    • And other duties as assigned

Qualifications:

• Bachelor’s in Mechanics/Engineering is preferred, not required
    • Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience as a Tunnel Boring Machine and Equipment Manager/Superintendent
    • Experience on a minimum of 3 tunnel projects.
    • Experience in the operation and maintenance on at least 1 project using the type of pressurized face Tunnel Boring Machine being proposed for the work.
    • Experience in Microsoft Office, JDEdwards preferred
    • Strong critical thinking skills and communication skills

Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry.  Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.

APPLY HERE