English | Spanish | Dutch

Los Angeles - California - USA - Tunnel Job: Project Director - Tunnel

Dirk's Tunnel Exchange
    By Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnellers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.

Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I am giving below the link to the vacancy advertisement.

Apply quickly if interested. All the best.

-----------

Project Director - Tunnel - Los Angeles - California - United States

Job Description

The Lane Construction Corporation is one of America’s leading construction companies, specializing in large, complex civil infrastructure. For nearly 130 years, it has contributed to the development of the country’s vast network of roads, highways, and bridges, including the Interstate Highway System. Lane also specializes in tunnels, metro and railway systems, as well as airports and water and wastewater treatment plants

Job Description

Ideal candidate should be relocation friendly. Permanent work location assignment could be any of our active Tunnel projects; Washignton DC, Fort Wayne IN, Seattle WA, etc.

The Project Director is responsible for overall direction, completion and financial outcome of a construction project(s). Oversees all business areas on their project such as procurement, planning, human capital, profitability and budgets.  Promotes professional development and aligns with Lane’s mission, vision and values.

•Collaborate with AFC staff to effectively manage the budgeting & forecasting process.
    •Closely monitor & communicate to the Vice President; Project Status/Risks & Opportunities.
    •Participate in management committee meetings within all assigned joint ventures.
    •Manage the pursuit of project claims & change orders.
    •Responsible for ensuring the development & use of a CPM schedule throughout the life of the project.
    •Engage project and corporate level contract management to address & resolve contractual issues & claims.
    •Participate in project level staff meetings and all major decisions.
    •Establish & promote a safety culture through active representation.
    •Oversee procurement or Buy-out process to ensure it adhere to set budget.
    •Sponsor additional revenue strategy including REA’s and claims.
    •Establish and maintain relationships with key business partners.
    •Effectively oversee subcontract management.
    •Coach and develop staff.

Qualifications:

•Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
    •Minimum 15 years heavy civil construction experience.
    •Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
    •Ability to assess, evaluate, and solve problems.
    •Knowledge of regulatory laws and responsibilities.
    •Organizational skills; attention to detail.
    •Teamwork and leadership skills.

Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry.  Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.

APPLY HERE