English | Spanish | Dutch

Los Angeles - California - USA - Tunnel Job - Tunnel Electrical Superintendent

Dirk's Tunnel Exchange
    By Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnellers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.

Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I am giving below the link to the vacancy advertisement.

Apply quickly if interested. All the best.

-----------

Los Angeles - California - United States - Tunnel Job - Tunnel Electrical Superintendent

Job Description

The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.

Job Description

Ideal candidate should be relocation friendly. Permanent work location assignment could be any of our active Tunnel projects; Washignton DC, Fort Wayne IN, Seattle WA, etc.

The Electrical Shift Superintendent will be involved with project planning and designing of high voltage electrical systems for both surface and underground operations. Must be able to read blue prints and schematics; have knowledge and experience with PLC systems and VFD’s; and the ability to supervise Electricians. Previous experience working on TBM’s is a requirement.

Responsibilities:

Including but not limited to:

• Oversee field personnel, daily/weekly schedules, and electrical operations
    • Supervise and schedule electrical crews and subcontractors on a daily basis
    • Provide leadership and direction to electrical personnel
    • Manage field operations as well as coordinate work with other company Superintendents and subcontractors
    • Assist in On-the-Job training
    • Take an active role in emphasizing safety, quality and production, leading by example
    • Attend status meetings to discuss progress and public impact
    • Perform additional assignments as needed
    • Ensure that ALL resources assigned are maintained, protected, secured and used at optimum efficiency 
    • Protection and enhancement of public relations, company image, and company worth
    • Understand project budgets and productions to manage personnel and equipment efficiently
    • Have a working knowledge of all required plans and specifications
    • Develop Foreman through mentoring
    • Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
    • And other duties as assigned

Qualifications:

• Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience for a Heavy/Highway contractor, 5 years on Tunnel Boring Machines
    • BS in Civil Engineer or Electrical Engineering is a plus
    • Demonstrated decision making skills
    • Ability to work in high production environment
    • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
    • Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
    • Must have experience with Federal requirements
    • Must be willing to travel if necessary
    • Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
    • Excellent team building skills is a must
    • Must have superior math computation skills
    • Demonstrated ability to be flexible and quickly adaptable to changing conditions across all spectrums.
    • Demonstrated and verifiable ability to manage, supervise, schedule, and delegate on large and complicated projects

Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry.  Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.

APPLY NOW