Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

UCA Scholarships for Civil, Mechanical, Mining, Electrical, Geological Engineering & Construction Management students

Matt J. Scott
    By Matt J. Scott

I would like to share the news I have seen at my favorite (*) tunneling journal, Tunnel Business Magazine, or shortly TBM (not to be confused with its more famous usage).  They have a well summarized list of scholarships available for summer months for college students.

Before I provide the link to TBM, following are the types of scholarships available from SME UCA (Underground Construction Association). I I have taken the italic information from SME UCA site.

RETC Conference Scholarship

The Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference (RETC) is a biennial international conference dedicated to the exchange of new developments in the technology of underground rapid excavation and tunneling on a global scale. The RETC Attendance Award provides selected students with an opportunity to attend the RETC or NAT Conference. Applicants must be full-time freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate students with a designated major in an applicable field of engineering (civil, mechanical, mining, electrical, geological) or construction management. Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in the underground industry.

RETC Executive Committee Scholarship (academic support scholarship)

The Rapid Excavation & Tunneling Conference (RETC) of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration annually awards one or more scholarships to promising college students who desire to develop their skills in the tunneling industry. The total amount of the award (approximately $5,000) is apportioned to one or more students at the discretion of the RETC Executive Committee.

UCA Young Members Conference Scholarships

UCA Young Members (UCAYM) Scholarship for RETC Attendance provides selected students with an opportunity to attend the RETC Conference where they can experience first hand the challenges, opportunities and rewards of a career in the field of tunneling and underground construction.

To read the full list of benefits in all detail, start of applications etc, please visit the Tunnel Business Magazine article:

https://tunnelingonline.com/uca-scholarship-applications-to-open-march-1/

(*) Full disclosure: Tunnelling Journal is also my favorite tunneling journal together with the Tunnel Business Magazine