English | Spanish | Dutch

Markham - Ontario - Canada - Tunnels Director

Dirk's Tunnel Exchange
    By Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

Good to be back here folks!

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnelers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnelers.

The job is at AECOM. This great company does not need introduction. This is a very unique opportunity if you would like to joint the team!

I am giving below the link to the vacancy advertisement.

Apply quickly if interested. All the best.

------------------------

Job Description

Aecom Toronto is looking for a Director of Tunnels. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:

o Position as project manager or technical leader on tunnel and underground engineering projects; perform the technical work and deliver the project on time, on budget and to the required quality.

o Collaborate with the Tunnel Practice Chief Engineers on subject of expertise to recommend design concepts, solutions, and methodologies

o Participate in the development of pursuit strategies, technical concepts, and proposal technical approaches

o Participate in the development of strategic plans; build relationships with public and private clients (contractors) and industry leaders.

o Help in establishing and maintaining client relationships

o Grow the tunneling, geotechnical, and underground engineering practice in Western Canada under the direction of the Tunnel and Underground Engineering Director and the respective RBLL.

o Identify, attract, and assist in recruiting additional tunneling and geotechnical staff in Western Canada

o Be part of pink and red team reviews and provide technical oversight of proposal preparation, interview and execution of projects

o Participate in establishing and developing teaming relationships with other consulting firms as necessary

o Collaborate with National Tunnel and Underground Engineering Practice Risk and Quality Leaders to recommend Risk Management Plan and Quality Plan on projects. Help oversee the implement of the plans.

o Attend industry events, serve on panels, and publish to foster AECOM’s tunneling and underground engineering practice

Qualifications

* Minimum Requirements :

• Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (civil, construction, structural, etc.) + 10 years of equivalent experience in tunneling design projects

• PEng or eligible within 18 months

* Preferred Qualifications:

• Ideally20+ years experience in tunneling design projects

• Leadership experience

• Professional registration in at least one province/ state and willingness to register in other provinces/ states as required

• Thoroughly knowledgeable of various tunneling methods and techniques, geotechnical aspects, deep cuts, and difficult ground conditions

• Membership with relevant professional organizations and active participation in National or international tunneling and/or geotechnical associations

• Publications in technical journals and conferences and seminars

• Excellent communication and presentation skills

• Leadership characteristics

• Strategic thinker, with demonstrated collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment and gain the support of others

• Ability to work in a matrix organization

• Ability to work with minimal direction

Additional Information

• Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position typically is $190,000 - $220,000.

• Sponsorship for Canadian employment authorization is not available for this position.

For the full information and solicitation, pls visit official company job link:

https://aecom.jobs/markham-on/tunnels-director/E36B4DBC9CBA404EBD5D3DAC6F06B425/job/