English | Spanish | Dutch

Toronto - Canada - Tunnel Engineer

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnelers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnelers.

The job is at Mott MacDonald. This is a very unique opportunity to work for such a company at a a cool location like Toronto. Do not waste time if you would like to joint the team!

I am giving below some text and the link to the vacancy advertisement.

Apply quickly if interested. All the best.

---------------

Tunnel Engineer

Thanks to an expanding project portfolio Mott MacDonald Canada has a new opportunity for a Tunnel Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team working on iconic infrastructural projects, locally, nationally, and globally.

As a Tunnel Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing design solutions, and associated deliverables, drawing on a range of geotechnical and structural skills, including: tunnel, support of excavation, foundations, and underground structure design; notably with experience in designing structures involving complex soil-structure interaction
- Planning site investigation, geotechnical data interpretation, and ground modelling
- Acts as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects
- Assists in the coordination of work among other engineers and design staff
- Delivery of packages of design work, requiring collaboration with external and internal stakeholders, quality control, management of inputs from other team members, and travel to project sites when necessary
- Advancing the team’s capability by advancing technical excellence and digital innovation
- You may also be involved in project commercial management, and proposal delivery
- You will be able to express the contribution of your work in the context of social outcomes
- For your longer-term career development, we can offer a number of paths, including technical leadership, staff resource management, and client engagement

Candidate Specification :
- Bachelor's in Structural Engineering (a Master’s degree would be considered an asset)
- 5-10 years of relevant industry / project experience
- Chartered status with a relevant professional body (for example P.Eng, C.Eng)
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; able to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and clients and nurture the development of junior staff
- Experience in developing innovative underground structure solutions using current design standards and guidelines (experience in the transportation sector would be considered an asset)
- Capability with numerical analysis software (geotechnical/structural) experience (coding capability would be considered an asset)
- Experience of the implementation or construction of design solutions on construction sites
- Ability and enthusiasm for supervising the work of others, including check and approval of key deliverables
- Gained project management skills and demonstrable technical lead and collaborative capabilities

Complete information and the links to apply for the vacancy  is via the below link

https://www.mottmac.com/job/82499/tunnel-engineer