Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

Canada - Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) Superintendent

Verified on 22 Nov 2019. Position is still available.

Tunnelling Jobs

Important:This vacancy is very recently announced (9 Nov 2019). If you think it is a good fit for you, I recommend you apply immediately.

Below is the text of Roevin,  the recruitment agency in this case, acting on behalf of  'a client'.

Our client, one of the industry’s leading Heavy civil construction and mining developing companies in North America, has partnered with Roevin in efforts to find the a TBM Superintendent with experience operating hard rock single shield TBM’s with trailing gear. This position is a permanent opportunity, where you will lead 20-25 crew members in a remote back country setting.

Our client is offering a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and RRSP matching.

The project is located 2.5 hours south of Kitimat by boat access. The role is a rotating shift schedule, 20 on, 10 off, with travel inside the 10.

The site is equipped with camp accommodations offering single private rooms with ensuite washrooms, laundry facilities, recreation/game rooms, cafeteria catering to allergies, as well as fitness facilities.

The project is scheduled for another 2 years and all travel will be coordinated by their internal travel coordinator. Job description is below:

The essential functions of the positions are:

• Maintaining the safety of the site.
• Managing site personnel and subcontractors.
• Planning and executing the daily work while insuring that all the field activities of the project are running smoothly and in accordance with the contract, schedule and budget.
• Project rotation of 20 days on/10 days off.

The successful candidate will have:

• High school diploma required.
• Certification in construction technology is preferred.
• Oral and written English language ability required.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience with TBM operations with Hard Rock Single Shield TBM & Trailing Gear (TBM) tunneling with concrete segment lining over 4.5 m. diameter, including minimum 10 years supervisory experience in shifter/walker position and minimum 2 years Superintendent experience.
• Experience in Herrenknecht TBM equipment strongly preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Be strong verbal communicators and follow instructions

Kindly, please email resumes to kpilecki@roevin.ca for immediate consideraton.

(Dirk's note: If you prefer to apply by sending your CV to the above mentioned email address, do not forget to include job reference code por this vacancy: CA_EN_2_028547_30947  )

Or, alternatively you can apply HERE

And a kind note:
I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.
Dirk's Tunnel Exchange