Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

Chinese companies come to Georgia too to build tunnels and roads

M. Demir
    By M. Demir Replies (2)

China came to the borders of Turkey. Russian language Business Georgia say that Georgian Highway Department sign an agreement with the (tender) winning Chinese companies Guizhou Highway Engineering Group and China National Technical Import and Export Corporation. With money provided by The Asian Development Bank.

This is for the construction of the last section of the Shorapani-Argveti road at the Rikoti pass.which is part of the East-West Motorway, or E-60 European Transit Road.

Only in this Shorapani-Argveti section, Chinese will build 14 bridges and 12 tunnels in 3 years. It say in total 53 tunnels are planned at the Rikot pass (my Russian language is not best. But I think for the whole road).

Business Georgia says 'Chinese companies are actively involved in the construction and repair of roads in Georgia. The East West Chumateleti Heavy section of the Rikoti Pass is being built by China State Construction Engineering Corporation Limited. Georgia also signed an agreement with the Chinese company China Railway 23rd Bureau Group Co, which will build a section of the new 13-km Kvesheti-Kobi highway, including a nine-kilometer tunnel to the Georgian-Russian border. They will prophesy him under the Cross Pass - from the village of Tskere to the village of Kobe. The width of the nine-kilometer Kvesheti-Kobe tunnel will be 15 meters, which is quite rare in the world. It will be included in the list of tunnels with a huge diameter, according to the Georgian Highway Department. The road will bypass a difficult geographical route, which in winter is characterized by heavy snowfall. Also, China Railway 23rd Bureau Group Co is constructing a 40 km long railway section of Khashuri-Zestafoni.

Why local countries not do construction work in Georgia? Turkish companies are very good in construction. Why leave it to China? I think finance is the reason? China also provide Chinese.