Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

Italy has over 200 illegal tunnels. On top of that, they are in dangereous conditions

Italy had over 200 illegal tunnels, which are not compliant with European standards.

The tunnels especially in the north of Italy, in Liguria are dire state it seems.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/28/italian-motorways-a-national-scandal

• Ari G.J. van der Dijk
    By Ari G.J. van der Dijk

How the Genoa bridge collapse exposed Italy’s crumbling motorways

www.euronews.com

There are about twenty badly-damaged motorway bridges in Italy currently under investigation. There are also 200 illegal tunnels, which don't comply with European standards

• André Tarry
    By André Tarry

The conditions of Italian viaducts and tunnels are really scandalous. I have personally witnessed this when I visited the northern Italy in the summer of 2017. Italy has built incredible amount of infrastructure in the north of the country, probably more than any other country. But then they let them rot!

I think the collapse of the bridge in Genoa and to much lesser extend the falling concrete blocks in the tunnels are only the beginning of much worse things to come, unless they get their stuff together soon.

• Roberto Calvi
    By Roberto Calvi

Unfortunately it is largely still the case.

• Giacomo Marcelli
    By Giacomo Marcelli

I think in recent few years maintenance of tunnels in Italy has improved a lot.