English | Spanish | Dutch

(Tunnel Jobs) Tunnel Precast Production Superintendant - United Kingdom

A kind note:

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnellers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.
Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

This project is in UK.  it is for the Britain's HS2 (High Speed 2) high speed train project.

-----------

Tunnel Precast Production Superintendant - United Kingdom

ALIGN is a joint venture between Bouygues, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine, and is delivering the C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-bored tunnel and five vent shafts handling both intervention and tunnel ventilation facilities.

We are now looking for a Tunnel Precast Production Superintendent to join the team.

The ALIGN Tunnel Precast Production Superintendent will be responsible for all on site activities associated with the tunnel pre-cast factory. Including the on-site management of all aspects of the production of the tunnel precast segments of the section C1. The Production Superintendent will ensure that all production tasks are completed on time and within budget, whilst never compromising on the quality of the precast segments. The Production Superintendent will be a strong leader, pro-active and perform well under pressure. The production of the precast tunnel segments will include 16 000 rings (112 000 segments – 382 000m3 of concrete) to be produced over a period of 3 years. 

This role shall initially be based at our Euston office, before moving to our Maple Cross/ Denham site summer 2020

Responsibilities:

• Being the principal point of contact responsible for all on site production, quality & safety issues during the construction and production phases.
  • Being the 1st point of contact to making sure all plant, machinery and equipment associated with the precast factory is maintained in an orderly manner to reduce the risk of unnecessary downtime within the production factory.
  • Leading a site-based team of site supervisors, foremen and production workers, as well as coordinating any other on-site Align teams.
  • Ensuring that the correct reinforced cages are installed in their dedicated moulds, in line with the requirements of the production program.
  • Ensuring the Tunnel Precast Manager is updated on all issues as soon as possible, to mitigate the risk of production downtime.
  • Ensuring all site-based activities are communicated to the Management & Site Engineers to avoid any conflict of planned activities.
  • Coordinating extensively with the maintenance teams to make sure all visual checks are carried out adequately, to ensure the smooth operation of all factory equipment.
  • Coordinating extensively with the maintenance teams to ensure all daily, weekly and monthly checks are carried out on all equipment, as per the carousel supplier’s recommendations.
  • Coordinating all planned preventative maintenance tasks with the maintenance teams to avoid any unnecessary downtime to the production.
  • Coordinating the various subcontractors on site, including the various supply companies visiting the site to install the factory buildings, carousels & moulds, gas compound, overhead cranes & gantry cranes.
  • Reviewing interfaces with adjacent activities and ensuring that they are properly coordinated and communicated
  • Attending regular site progress meetings with all involved parties to monitor progress, quality and safety.
  • Leading the daily activity briefing to ensure that all team member understand the planned activities, and are aware of any changing risks associated with the planned works.
  • Working with the procurement team to ensure the adequate supply of the required production fittings and materials in line with the production programme.
  • Promoting the setting up and the methodologies used in the operation of the assembly line/carousel.
  • Monitoring the implementation of the I&TPs
  • Coordinating and assisting the Align concrete manager & quality teams to ensure that all the required concrete tests are carried out by the external concrete testing laboratory as per the ITP’s.
  • Ensuring that the suppliers and Align teams maintains the on-going compliance of all products and related approvals.
  • Fulfilling Health & Safety responsibilities by adhering to the Align’s Health & Safety Policy and Management Plans.
  • Complying with all Company’s Policies and Procedures.
  • Undertaking other such reasonable duties appropriate to the role.

Skills & Experience:

• Extensive onsite experience within the construction industry, ideally working on large scale tunnelling projects.
  • Proven experience in highly technical construction projects, from initial site setup through to commissioning.
  • Experienced leading and supervising large site-based teams.
  • Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
  • A good practical understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
  • Strong communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
  • Ability to prioritise, plan, schedule and evaluate works. 
  • Computer skills across the whole Microsoft Office suite. 

Qualifications:

• SMSTS (Site Management Training Scheme)
  • CSCS Card holder or happy to obtain prior to joining the business
  • Full UK Driving Licence 

Rewards: 

We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.

for job advertisement click here

• Robin McAuley
    By Robin McAuley

Update April 12, 2020: Position is still advertised,