English | Spanish | Dutch

(Tunnel Jobs) Tunnel Engineer (USA)

A kind note:

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnellers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.
Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

Job seems to be with The Lane Construction Corporation. As workplace Fort Wayne, IN 46802 is mentioned.

I am giving below the full text of the advertisement
-----------

Job Description

The Tunnel Engineer will work within the Engineering Department and will follow all the technical aspects related to TBM operations.

Responsibilities:

Preparation of Quality Work Plans, Submittal, Procedures, Shop drawings, sketches and various documents related to the Jobsite, TBM and Tunnel operations

Coordination with General Superintendent, Tunnel Superintendents and Tunnel Shift Engineers for follow-up of daily operations

Preparation of TBM daily, weekly and monthly production and performance report

Preparation of TBM reports related to tunneling activities

Data collection from Grout Batching Plant and Slurry Treatment Plant and production of all the related reports

TBM Data evaluation and analysis

Acquisition and stock control of all the consumables necessary for the TBM production. Preparation of requisitions for procurement of materials and services

Design of temporary structures necessary for the Tunneling operations

Supervision of Quality Acceptance Processes

Qualifications:

BS in Civil, Geotech, Mining, or related, 3-5 years experience in TBM tunneling, preferably slurry mode or EPB

A good knowledge and experience in underground infrastructure projects is required.

Experience and familiarity with TBM (Slurry or EPB mode) tunneling operations and Slurry Treatment Plant is preferred

Microsoft Office

AutoCAD

-----

You can apply online at this link

https://constructionjobs.com/jobs/tunnel-engineer-fort-wayne-in-46802-117526023-d

• Robin McAuley
    By Robin McAuley

Update April 12, 2020: Position is still advertised.