English | Spanish | Dutch

Milano Metro M4 line construction restarted. Very risky for workers

Milano metro M4 project work restarted. It was suspended after COVID-19 (coronavirus disease).

Already 200 workers start working for $1.8-billion Metro line 4 subway at 19 of the 56 construction sites on M4. It's much smaller than pre-pandemic workforce (I think 1200-1300 workers) say Guido Mannella of Salini Impregilo, president of the MM4 Consortium according to newspaper.

The tunnel boring machines have not started boring yet.

They say "the test will be on the M4", the construction site of the new metro line that cuts the city horizontally, from Linate airport in the east, to the San Cristoforo terminus in the southwest.

Milano mayor Beppe Sala claims everything will take place in conditions of "total safety" for workers. They have sanitizers and keep distance between people. How realistic it is? It is tunnel construction. I can't believe it.

I think too early. I think they gamble on peoples lives. They are sent for dying

https://milano.corriere.it/notizie/cronaca/20_aprile_09/milano-metro-m4-termometri-test-gli-operai-cosi-sono-ripartiti-lavori-af3b02a4-7a21-11ea-880f-c93e42aa5d4e.shtml