English | Spanish | Dutch

Melbourne Metro Tunnel Job: Methods Engineer for Tunnel Boring Machine Tunnelling

I saw this vacancy advertised on John Holland's website. I think it has been placed in the past few days. So it must still be available.

For all clarity, I have no affiliation with John Holland

https://jobs.johnholland.com.au/CYP/job/Melbourne-Methods-Engineer/571252710/

I copy the announcement here but I strongly recommend you to check their website via the link above, for an up-to-date view.

Title:  Methods Engineer
Job Number:  4861

CYP Design & Construction Joint Venture (CYP D&C) has been contracted to design and build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project.

CYP D&C brings together three of Australia's leading construction partners John Holland, Lendlease, and Bouygues Construction.

The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne’s busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line from Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden (to be renamed North Melbourne), Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations - State Library and Town Hall - which will directly connect to the City Loop.

We are recruiting for Tunnel Methods Engineer to join our HSEQ team on this iconic Melbourne project.

Key responsibilities:

Develop the construction methods for the TBMs (Tunnel Boring Machine) launches from Anzac Station to CBD, which includes but doesn’t limit to:

Definition of general arrangement for all required temporary works: TBM assembly, TBM steel structures related activities (thrust frame, break in seal, steel cradles, etc.), etc.,

Support the selected temporary works designer to ensure the structures are designed as per needs,
Sequencing of the works,
Communicating with methods engineers to ensure the developed studies are complying with surrounding activities and other developed methods,
Submit for review all preliminary methods to Tunnel Methods Managers before issuance to project/plant engineers,
Supervise a drafter which will be producing documents to support your studies,
Communicate with Project Engineers and Temporary Works Designers for the tunneling activities to ensure the methods are shared and developed as per requirements,
Once methods developed, temporary works designed and works starting on site, support project/plant engineers to ease works implementation and improved methods if needs be,
Report to Tunnels Methods Managers any issues identified,
Undertake checking with 3rd parties to ensure the methods and temporary works designed can be implemented, e.g. interfaces with permanent works, etc.,

To be considered for this role, it is essential that you demonstrate the following;

Engineering degree
    Experience as Methods/Design Engineer Technical knowledge
    Methodical, attentive, tenacious and have a sense of responsibility
    AutoCAD confirmed user
    Knowledge of BIM software
    Good knowledge of the Office Pack
    Good level of English

CYP D&C companies are diverse, flexible and inclusive as employers of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.

Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined.