English | Spanish | Dutch

SpaceX Hyperloop Competition : Elon Musk raises the bar for 2020 and it is great news for the Tunneling World!

elon musk hyperloop tweet.png

Elon Musk announces that thr next year’s Hyperloop competition will be in a 10km vacuum tunnel with a curve. Currently it is held in a 1,2km long straight tunnel.

Problem ia that the current facilities has a space which allows only 2000 meters of extension. This is where it becomes interesting for the tunneling world! Because probably SpaceX will need Elon Musk's other company The Boring Company to bore a tunnel!

People who though the hyperloop was no good for the tunneling world and it would continue building tunnels on the surface are wrong!

https://techcrunch.com/2019/07/21/elon-musk-says-next-hyperloop-competition-will-be-in-a-six-mile-curved-tunnel/

• Peter R. Morgan
    By Peter R. Morgan

This man is insanely interesting.

• Marc Guitar
    By Marc Guitar

I know every technology takes time to get operations-ready. One should also remember that also thousands of innovative ideas die out because they are simply impractical.

Apart from being cautious, I hope we will see hyperloop in operations. If it happens, the tunneling world will go crazy. There will be many more tunnels built. I hope it will succeed. I really do.

• Michael C. Murray
    By Michael C. Murray

All due respect, I think any hyperloop going live will be well into my retirement and I am 41.