Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

Romania tenders 41 km of the Transylvania Highway with Meseș tunnel longest tunnel in Romania

I. Stoica
    By I. Stoica Replies (1)

Romania Minister of Transport, Lucian Bode announces a new tender via social media.

The National Company for Road Infrastructure Management (CNAIR) tender is for 41 km of the Transylvania Highway (oarta Sălajului and Zalău and Zalău and Nuşfalău) with Meseș tunnel. It will be longest tunnel in Romania. Plus minus 3 km-long Meseș tunnel will be twin-tube in each direction two lanes. There is much more than the Meseș tunnel in this tender of course: 41 km highway, many (65) viaducts, bridges etc.

It is restricted tender with prequalification with bids to be submitted until 11 January 2021. Tender value is 800 million euro plus VAT. The work is expected completion in 36 months, hopefully finish 2024-end.

Meseș tunnel tunnel will be plus minus 3 km-long. In each direction will have two lanes.

CNAIR official announcement (original in Romanian)

CNAIR has launched the restricted tender procedure for the award of the contract “Design and execution of the Brașov - Târgu Mureș - Cluj - Oradea Highway, Section 3B: Mihăiești - Suplacu de Barcău, Subsection 3B3: Poarta Sălajului - Zalău, km 25 + 500 - km 40+ 637, including the highway profile road tunnel in the Meseș area and Subsection 3B4: Zalău - Nușfalău, km 40 + 660 (km 40 + 637 3B3) - km 66 + 500 ”by transmission for publication in the Electronic Public Procurement System of the Announcement.

The deadline for submission of bids is 11.01.2021.

The estimated value of the contract is 800,000,000 euros without VAT.

The duration of the contract is 12 months for the design period and 36 months for the execution of the works.

The highway section is 41 km long, with numerous works of art, such as viaducts, bridges and passages on and over the highway (65 in total, approximately 13 km long). The Meseș tunnel with two galleries is 2.89 km long and will have 2 lanes in each direction.

http://www.cnadnr.ro/ro/comunicare/comunicate-de-presa/interes-general/cnair-lansat-licita%C8%9Bia-pentru-proiectarea-%C8%99i