Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

Tunnel Job: Tunnel Engineer Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

wish you healthy days ahead, before anything else.

I would like to inform you my fellow tunnellers of the following job opening.

I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.

Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I am giving below the link to the vacancy advertisement.

AECOM a well known company in tunneling circles is your potential employer. Please read the job announcement and apply without delay via the link at the bottom.

----

Canada - Ontario, Thornhill

Job Summary

Aecom GTA is looking for a Tunneling Engineer, preferably based out of the Markham office. Other locations include: Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Whitby and Hamilton.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Design of soft ground and rock TBM tunnels including Design of Pre-Cast Segmental Lining

• Modeling and Design of initial and final liner and excavation sequencing for underground caverns in rock and in soils (Sequential Excavation Method (SEM/NATM)

• Design of temporary support of excavation and retaining structures and final design of cut and cover structures

• Design of waterproofing systems and final lining of underground structures ideal (both C&C and SEM)

• Soil-structure numerical modeling and analyses

• Settlement analysis and assessment of tunneling and underground construction on adjoining facilities

• Provide geotechnical investigations (borings, test pits, lab results, etc.) analysis and verification of collected data

• Review project scoping documents and develop design plan

• Attend site visits during proposal phase and during project design and construction

• Coordinate with clients, design team members, and project stakeholders to ensure conformance with contract terms

• Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.

• Proposes approaches to solve new problems encountered.

• Liaise with other disciplines, professionals, clients

• Initiate, perform, and coordinate deliverables with owners or clients

• Prepare calculation sheets as required and calculation reports

• Prepare and deliver presentations on the developed design

• Provide technical guidance, oversight, and quality control of

• Prepare contract documents, technical specifications, design report and drawing

• Implements and leads technical and QA/QC reviews

• Supervise and review the work of less experienced engineers

• Provides guidance to entry level engineers and numerical modelling problem solving

• Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.

Minimum Requirements

• Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Civil, Geotechnical, Geological, Structural) + minimum 2 years of relevant experience

• Minimum 6 months experience on at least one tunneling project larger than 3m in diameter

Preferred Qualifications

• Ideally 3+ years of relevant experience

• Ability to obtain PEng in ON within 3 years

• Possess organizational skills to prioritize tasks and handle multiple deadlines

• Ability to work on BIM and CAD systems (Bentley preferred, but AutoDesk also accepted)

• Excellent Numerical modelling skills for Finite Element Models / Distinct Element Model and ideally Finite Difference Model.

• Structural background for the design of reinforced concrete, ideal also fiber reinforcement

• Experience with both large diameter (6m +) plus trenchless tunneling preferred

• Technical experience in different tunnelling methods, shaft design and ground improvement, SEM tunnelling , TBM tunnelling

• Knowledge of Geotechnical, geology and Rock mechanics

• Knowledge of analytical and numerical analysis methods for underground and tunnel

• Ability to work with minimal supervision

• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills

• Excellent communication skills, a thorough knowledge of relevant technical codes, operations, processes and trends

What We Offer

When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.

Job Category Engineering - Transportation

Business Line Transportation

Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)

Country Canada

Position Status Full-Time

Requisition/Vacancy No. 244182BR

Additional Locations CA - Mississauga, ON - 5090 Commerce Blvd, CA - Richmond Hill, ON - 30 Leek Crescent, CA - Whitby, ON - 300 Water St

Virtual: No

Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.

https://aecom.jobs/mississauga-on/tunnel-engineer/3D495D4CC88C43BCA6DD1143914D1C41/job/