English | Spanish | Dutch

The Robbins Company is reborn as an American company after management buyout and will introduce a revolutionary non-circular TBM to the market

Adrian Olmex
    By Adrian Olmex Replies (7)

Lok Home, the president of The Robbins Company announced in a video message that he has bought the assets of The Robbins Company and set up a new Tunnel Boring Machine manufacturer called Global TBM Company.

The Global TBM Company will have the same personnel, the same technical infrastructure and offer the same services as its predecessor The Robbins Company. In his video message, Lok Home said: ".. now going forward, we're going to operate as Robbins, the same companies you're used to operating with the same name and more importantly the same staff, crew and the support personnel that we've always operated with".

He said, the last few years has been difficult because of previous associations and now the company is in a much better place and "free to continue to the good service that has been expected from us, the good machines, the high quality machines". He added that the company is dedicated to improve their equipment into deliveries and quality products. He said, "in the last year or two we have been really coming up with some improvements for difficult ground conditions and right now we are on some several difficult projects that are complicated but we're committed to make them work well and they are working well. All the Robbins machines we have now are well supported". "What we can look forward to is a better stronger Robbins and I'm committed to make that happen with the good backup and service I've got from my team ad with the customers that stayed with me through these difficult times and support Robbins that I very much appreciate and I really thank anybody that stood with us of course thank them for that".

Revolutionary non-Circular TBM

Lok Home said, looking forward, he has some exciting news. One of them is that the company will be introducing a new revolutionary non-circular TBM design to the market. He said it proves that Robbins is still technically strong and technically still one of the leaders or the leader i the industry in this particular market segment.

• Adrian Olmex
      By Adrian Olmex

A Message from Robbins President Lok Home

www.youtube.com

Watch this video for a short announcement from Robbins President Lok Home and hear the good news. Find out more on our website, http://www.robbinstbm.com.

• Dave Anderson
      By Dave Anderson

This is one GREAT news Adrian. Thank You!

I just hope the management buyout is US-financed and this great company becomes the primary supplier of great TBMs in USA and in the world.

Great news really

• Paolo Kerguel
      By Paolo Kerguel

Are we sure this is an "all American" buyout?

• Joey Koleman
      By Joey Koleman

That non-circular TBM may be a game changer

• Lutz Genscher
      By Lutz Genscher

Hi all,

Apologies for this temporary intrusion. Without a temporary group membership, no way I can respond.

All I want to say is, it might be wrong to have high hopes for this transformation of Robbins. Remember that, just like Robbins, the French TBM manufacturer NFM was also in the hands of Chinese and then NFM management bought out the company.

Today, sadly, we do not have any NFM.

This is to say that, often management buyouts are under-financed and creates companies not sustainable in the long term, even if in the mid term.

I hope this is not the beginning of the end for Robbins.

- I joined the group, as I could not resist to comment on this development and I am leaving the "American" group now. Hence expect no replied from me please.

• Adrian Olmex
      By Adrian Olmex

@Lutz You sound like you wish Robbins go the NFM way

• Adrian Olmex
      By Adrian Olmex

@Joey, I am very curious about this non-circular TBM too. If it is a game changer, it will bring Robbins and the USA back to the leadership position of 60s, 70s in TBMs.