Null

English | Spanish | Dutch

Morocco pays to settle with Italian company in tunnel construction dispute

Roberto Calvi
    By Roberto Calvi Replies (1)

Global Arbitration Review reports that there is a ICSID settlement between Morocco and the "Italian construction company".

I am guessing this must be about Italian construction company Impresa Pizzarotti & CSpA versus AABV. 

Impresa Pizzarotti & CSpA which won the contract for the construction of a road tunnel in Morocco was suing the AABV for failing to pay for the cost of construction and the penalties for the delayed payment.

I am again guessing this must be about the  Oudayas Tunnel in Morocco which is mentioned on Pizzarotti site as "construction of the twin tunnels of Oudayas, in an urban setting, consisting of two entry ramps of 518 m, two artificial tunnels totalling 125 m, a natural tunnel of 310 m and two slip roads connecting to the existing route. The work also involves the final electromechanical equipment. One unusual aspect of the project is the carrying out of certain works (an artificial tunnel and a portal) immediately underneath a group of historical buildings. This project is part of the development project for the Bouregreg – Rabat valley".

Global Arbitration Review news is behing paywall. I can't see the details and could not trace the details in Italian press.

https://globalarbitrationreview.com/morocco-settles-icsid-tunnel-dispute