English | Spanish | Dutch

Tunnel Job: TBM Tunnellers - Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project

UPDATE - 7/10/2019 THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED

Job Number:  2656

Cross Yarra Partnership (CYP) has been contracted by Rail Projects Victoria, on behalf of the Victorian Government, to design and build the stations and tunnels for the Metro Tunnel Project. CYP Design and Construction brings together three of Australia's leading construction partners, Lendlease, John Holland, and Bouygues Construction, that possess the world's best experience in tunnelling, engineering and construction.

The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne’s busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden (to be renamed North Melbourne), Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations - State Library and Town Hall - which will directly connect to the City Loop.

As part of the Metro Tunnel Project, we are currently looking for Expressions of Interest for our direct workforce on a number of different roles. Working in conjunction with our recruitment, employment and training facility – MetroHub – we will require both skilled and unskilled labour who have a strong commitment towards safety, quality and teamwork. Our MetroHub has been established to support those looking at expressing interest in the project and have linked in with the Holmesglen Institute Skills and Jobs Centre.

All workforce employees will be employed through the CYP Design and Construction. As a minimum, you will require a valid Victorian Construction Induction Card and be subject to our CYP pre-employment checks (including interviews, medicals, reference checking etc).

A role on this iconic Melbourne Metro Project presents a long-term opportunity for someone to work across the delivery phase of the constructions works. Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience necessary to deliver throughout the life of the project.

We are looking for Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) tunnellers / Operators that have had proven experience and understanding of all facets of TBM operations, exposure to Herrenknecht TBM with a slurry process system would be highly regarded.

Qualified candidates will have held the function where they are able to execute the erection of segmental tunnel lining, grouting and the segmental tunnel lining within the TBM and the extension of supply pipes.

We are seeking candidates with the following:

Proven TBM Operation experience in underground Tunnelling projects within the TBM and is able to trouble-shoot any problems that may be encountered
    A strong commitment to health and safety and a proven team player with excellent coordination and communication skills

CYP encourages those from diverse backgrounds and industries (e.g. ex-automotive, women, indigenous, youth and long-term unemployed) to apply for this iconic project as the MetroHub will support skills training and develop tailored pre-employment programs.

If your are interested, CLICK HERE TO APPLY.

Always mention which position you are applying for!

And a kind note:
I am not associated with the recruiters. I do this posting to help my fellow tunnellers.

Please consider this the next time you are involved in selling or buying tunnel equipment: I am specialized in trading of tunnel equipment of all makes and models. If you need to buy or sell any TBMs, MSVs or any other tunnel related equipment, send me a DM with the specs and the price/budget info. I will do the rest for facilitating a win-win handover of the equipment for all sides.
  • Robin McAuley
    By Robin McAuley

Dirk thanks a bunch for adding this job vacancy here. I really appreciate your contributions to our group.

Please let's keep the vacancies current as much as possible. This vacancy says it is filled. Please could you update accordingly? (like `Update: *date* it is not anymore available etc).

Thanks.

• Dirk's Tunnel Exchange
    By Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

Thanks @Robin. Done.

• Dirk's Tunnel Exchange
    By Dirk's Tunnel Exchange

I have verfied as much as possible all the listings that I had entered. There are some cases where the website forces you to register or login before it reveals the availability of the vacancy in such case I leave it to the applicant to see if the vacancy is still valid.