English | Spanish | Dutch

U.S. Secretary of Labor appoints Skanska’s Mindy Uber to Department’s Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health

Jørn Sørensen

Good news for the Sweden.

U.S. Secretary of Labor appoints Skanska’s Mindy Uber to Department’s Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health

SEATTLE, WA – Skanska USA, a leading global construction and development firm, today announced that Mindy Uber, senior director, Environmental Health & Safety, Skanska USA Building, has been appointed by Acting U.S. Secretary of Labor Julie A. Su to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH). As an employer representative on the 15-person committee, Uber will serve a two-year term and provide advice and assistance in construction standards and policy matters.

Established under the Construction Safety Act (CSA), ACCSH advises the U.S. Secretary of Labor in the formulation of construction safety and health standards, as well as on policy matters arising under the CSA and the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) also consults with ACCSH whenever OSHA proposes standards that affect construction activities.

“I’ve spent my career finding ways to help our people perform to the best of their abilities, for our jobsites to be safer, and for our projects to be nothing short of excellent,” said Uber. “I’m pleased to represent Skanska as a member of this critical national advisory committee and look forward to working with other industry partners to improve the safety of our workforce.”

Based in Seattle, Uber currently oversees safety for building operations in the Western region, covering Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona. Along with her colleagues in the East and Central regions, Uber’s work has led to more consistent and continuous sharing of knowledge, resources and best practices across the country, significantly improving safety at jobsites across the country.

“Mindy has been a powerful advocate for Skanska’s continuous improvement in safety and in many other areas,” said Brad McFarlane, National Vice President, EHS, Skanska USA Building. “I can’t think of a better voice for the work of this committee than hers.”

Uber has been with Skanska for nearly 17 years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science from Western Washington University, and a master’s degree in Environment and Community from Antioch University Seattle. She is also a Certified Industrial Hygienist, a Certified Safety Professional and a LEED AP practitioner.

https://www.usa.skanska.com/who-we-are/media/press-releases/274295/U.S.-Secretary-of-Labor-appoints-Skanskas-Mindy-Uber-to-Departments-Advisory-Committee-on-Construction-Safety-and-Health/