English | Spanish | Dutch

Construction workers run for their lives as tunnel starts to collapse (VIDEO) in India

This is the horrible moment a tunnel collapses over a group of construction workers while they are comfortably filming debris falling from the roof not correctly understanding the danger.

It happened in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, northern India for Chandigarh-Manali Highway works.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7537869/Construction-workers-run-lives-tunnel-starts-collapse-terrifying-video.html#v-7186802846071803650

• Michael C. Murray
    By Michael C. Murray

Unbelievable. The tunnel is collapsing and they are laughing, trying to "capture the moment" fillming it on their phones.

I can tell you that there is no proper leadership at this construction site and that these tunnel workers are not properly trained. Luckily this only caused some descrution to hardware and no lives lost apparently.

• Keith Keloe
    By Keith Keloe

I don't know what to make of this. Should I be angry because it is shared here like some sort of facebook video or should I be thanking the poster for creating awareness?

But it is really sad that the workers pushed into work without training them about the potential hazards of tunneling. Ours is a wonderful profession but also the one with many risks. Making people work under unsafe conditions, and making them work without safety training is one of them, is simply a crime.

I do not know what we can do to enforce safety measures across the world in tunnel construction?

• Tim Altman
    By Tim Altman

It is pathetic that this has probably been shared with the intention of ridiculing India and or Indian tunneling -my guess. But it shows what is wrong and ironically will do good for Indian tunneling.

Which company is the contractor in this tunnel? I am hoping that it is a well known name.

• Ansh Chaturvedi
    By Ansh Chaturvedi

Bad intentions for @Zaka. What a shame.