English | Spanish | Dutch

Tunnel Foreman/ Shift Boss - Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project John Holland

This position is similar to another one I have just posted. I have not been able to confirm via my contact if it is a separate opening but because they have different job numbers, I assume they are distinct positions. Hence I am including it here.

The relevant part of the job advertiser's text:

Title:  Tunnel Foreman/ Shift Boss
Job Number:  3350

CYP Design & Construction Joint Venture (CYP D&C) has been contracted to design and build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project.

CYP D&C brings together three of Australia's leading construction partners John Holland, Lendlease, and Bouygues Construction.

The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne’s busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line from Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden (to be renamed North Melbourne), Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations - State Library and Town Hall - which will directly connect to the City Loop.

We have multiple positions available for Tunnel Foreman/ Shift Boss's with TBM experience, Slurry or Hardrock, to join the Tunnelling team on delivering this iconic Melbourne Project. Shift allowances applies to 7/3 - 7/4 roster.

Responsibilities of the role include

-    Managing scope of works to ensure site-based activities are planned and delivered in advance of their target date, providing smart, safe construction solutions.
 -   Ensure all site works are planned and delivered in compliance with required technical specifications, relevant legislation, approvals, standards and deed obligations.
 -   Management of subcontractors and directly employed work crews.
 -   Ensuring that positive relationships are developed and maintained with internal and external stakeholders
 -   An absolute commitment to Safety, ensuring OH&S requirements and risk controls are considered in all construction planning and processes.

To be successful in this key role, you must have:

An absolute commitment to ‘Safety First’ practises and lead by example
    Experience in underground tunnel excavation use Slurry or Hard rock TBM's
    Possess solid leadership qualities and experience, ideally in a large-scale Civil construction environment
    A commitment to excellence and high-performance in a ‘right first time’ environment
    Appreciation of the importance of ‘One Team’ understanding the importance of partnering with project support teams such as Safety, Quality, Community and Environment.
    Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to engage with and communicate at all levels.
    Show an appreciation of commercial issues and understanding of representing the project’s best interests at all times.

A role on this iconic project Melbourne Metro Project presents a long-term opportunity for someone to work on across the delivery phase of the constructions works. Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined.

CYP companies are diverse, flexible and inclusive as employers of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.

Note: these roles are being sourced by the CYP Recruitment team directly and we will not accept unsolicited applications via external recruitment agencies

Read the rest and apply at HERE