English | Spanish | Dutch

India: Gulermak-Tata chooses TERRATEC for EPB TBMs Line 1 of Pune Metro Rail Project in Maharashtra

The Turkish-Indian consortium 'Gulermak-Tata Projects Limited' select TERRATEC to provide "a number of" 6.61m diameter EPB TBMs for its two underground contracts on Line 1 of the Pune Metro Rail Project, in Maharashtra.

Please read the article at Tunnelling Journal:

https://tunnellingjournal.com/epbms-chosen-indias-two-pune-metro-contracts/

• Kris Lubcek
    By Kris Lubcek

Terratec claims to have supplied 22 (twenty-two) TBMs to India in the past 6 years. Not bad. Not bad at all...

http://www.terratec.co/NewsInfos/detail/70

Terratec

www.terratec.co

Terratec;TERRATEC is the renowned Australian designer and manufacturer of Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM), Raise Boring Machines (RBM), Conveyor Systems and other customized equipment for Tunnelling and Mining Industries.

• Rohit Agarwal
    By Rohit Agarwal

Terratec is from China?

• Ray M. Morgan
    By Ray M. Morgan

Yes and no. It is an Australian company but I think they build everything in China.

• Lutz Genscher
    By Lutz Genscher

Somehow Gülermak champions the use of Terratec. As far as I know, the only place Terratec could sell in Europe was in Turkey (Istanbul metro) and then Gülermak was the operator.

Somehow those guys are infected by Terratec. Reasons are not clear to me.If it is the price, I am sure CREG is cheaper than Terratec and probably also at least as good. What the heck? Anybody who can get the picture, please come forward!

• Ravnish Sharma
    By Ravnish Sharma

Actually @Lutz it is not entirely correct. Gulermak uses all sorts of TBMs. I know for fact is that for example they are using a (or two)  Herrenknecht S-325 for Izmır metro in western Turkey.

They are just choosing whatever is the best fit for a given project I guess.

• Ahmad Kader
    By Ahmad Kader

I know Gulermak from Dubai metro. True professionals. It was a joint venture but in practise gularmak did the work in Dubai

• Ansh Chaturvedi
    By Ansh Chaturvedi

India is the second biggest tunnelling potential in the world after China. India should develop its own tunnel boring machine.

• Hashim Abbas
    By Hashim Abbas

in an international conference i talk to a turkish tunnel manager. He told me that they have two tunnels. One they use herrenknecht and other one they use terratec. they start boring same time. after some time (het told me but i forget) herrenknecht was x meter ahead of terratec. he told me to say that herrenknecht is better than terratec. I don't know. turks are not objective. they love germans more than they love themselves.

• Alan Limbach
    By Alan Limbach

@Erdem Companies make their TBM purchases , like any other purchase they make, based on business interests and only business interests. And this is very normal.

• Pankaj
    By Pankaj

@lutz GULMERK is using TERRATEC because they have a back end backup in the contract which E-BERK is totally lagging behind , and if you say creg is cheaper then TERRATEC in that condition also creg till date they don't have a back end back up for clients as previously it was used in India (don't want to name the client) but machine was good but no service ....... And in end want to conclude E-BERK won't be able to get a market in my opinion because upcoming projects in India are really very tough and on a serious note in many condition also even the world best tbm manufacturer or brand fails in those geology so I don't want to disappoint E-BERK but their machine won't be able to make it .

• Michael C. Murray
    By Michael C. Murray

@Pankaj I don't know about their TBMs but I thought e-berk had great TBM cutters?  An Aussie colleague of mine working at a European site was telling me that their cutters were as sharp and durable as diamonds

• Pankaj
    By Pankaj

@michael don't want to comment on their quality.... But in India there is a project in Mumbai (Mumbai metro line 3) on that only one client is using eberk cutters and best part is now that client have to bring in new TBM now I don't want to comment on anything I gave you hint now you can do a deep research the client name is SOMA-DOGUS jv

• Pankaj
    By Pankaj

Any needs cutters and tools please contact me I'm asst. overseas sales manager for my factory we are cutters and tools manufacturer for HK, ROBBINS,CRCHI,CERG, HITACHI,TUI ETC we have more than 20 years of experience and we have a good market even in European countries and have  competitive price in market and out cutter are much better then palmari and eberk and we have patent for many tools also . For more information you can contact me on +919618594343 (WeChat, WhatsApp)

• Pankaj
    By Pankaj

@michael here few pictures of the tbm which we are talking about 

but the Issue is neither Indian nor Turkish are so small that they are installing micro size manlock that also single tube .this is 6 dia epb tbm if they say space problem then I have no words for them

​​​​​​

• Ari G.J. van der Dijk
    By Ari G.J. van der Dijk

Great pics. But what problem are we talking about?

• Pankaj
    By Pankaj

The size of manlock is too small comparatively to a regular one and that also it's a one line tube where decompression will a issue .

Initially 2+1 or 3+1 miners go inside to work but here I feel and with experience I'm saying it will cause problem it they went for HYPERBARIC intervention. 

• Ari G.J. van der Dijk
    By Ari G.J. van der Dijk

@Pankaj How did the problem surface? Is this Terratec in operation and boring now?

• Pankaj
    By Pankaj

@Ari G.J 

The pics which I have shared with here  were just 1-2 days old and I have lot of things to share but if I do so I may end up in many problems at the moment these machines are in TERRATEC plant in china soon they will be shipped to India

• Pankaj
    By Pankaj

@Ari G.J 

The pics which I have shared with here  were just 1-2 days old and I have lot of things to share but if I do so I may end up in many problems at the moment these machines are in TERRATEC plant in china soon they will be shipped to India

• Ansh Chaturvedi
    By Ansh Chaturvedi

Terratec TBM S79 operated by the Gülermak – Tata arrives at Pune Metro’s Agriculture College Shaft on the 16.589 km Line-1 (Purple Line) to record the line’s second breakthrough on the 5.09 km underground section between Range Hills and Swargate.

https://themetrorailguy.com/2020/01/29/tbm-s79-records-2nd-breakthrough-for-pune-metro-line-1/
    #india

TBM S79 Records 2nd Breakthrough for Pune Metro Line-1

themetrorailguy.com

On Tuesday afternoon, tunnel boring machine (TBM) S79 operated by the Gülermak – Tata Projects Limited JV arrived at Pune Metro’s Agriculture College Shaft on the 16.589 km Line-1